Top 1% Invisalign Provider
in North America
6526 Lonetree Blvd. #100
Rocklin, CA 95765
1364 Whispering Pines Ln., #1
Grass Valley, CA 95945
4944 Windplay Drive Suite 300
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
400 East Orangeburg Avenue
Modesto, CA 95350
Botox® is widely known for its use as a cosmetic treatment for facial wrinkles. What many people don’t know, however, is how effective Botox® is for the wide range of painful, limiting and sometimes embarrassing facial and dental issues associated with severe or chronic muscle contraction.
Because Botox® Therapeutic is delivered right to the affected muscles, it is a targeted treatment, limited to the specific areas involved. This means that Botox® Therapeutic can often deliver more direct and effective relief than general muscle relaxants.
Consider all these ways that Botox® Therapeutic can help you feel better, look better, and heal sooner.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ) which is the acute or chronic pain and impairment caused by inflammation and spasms of the muscle that connects your jaw bone to the skull. Besides pain and discomfort, TNJ can results in loss of function of your jaw sometimes making it impossible to eat normally. Therapeutic Botox® is often the perfect solution.
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS), the chronic and sometimes severe pain often associated with “trigger points” or “knots” (localized muscle contractions) found in many parts of the body can be relieved with the use of Therapeutic Botox®. Myofascial pain usually gets worse without treatment, instead of just going away.
- Tension-Type Headaches (TTH), which feel like a band wrapped tightly around your forehead can be successfully treated with Therapeutic Botox. Often associated with your chewing muscles, this type of headache can last from 30 minutes to a week or longer. It has been documented in medical literature that over 90% of all headaches are tension headaches.
- Dental work can often cause temporary muscle contractions making the healing process take longer than it needs to. Therapeutic Botox® may be able to help with this.
- Bruxism (grinding) or Clenching your teeth, which, besides causing tension headaches, can wear down your teeth, make them crack and chip, and can produce TMJ. Therapeutic Botox® in conjunction with a night guard can protect your teeth from continued wear and keep your jaw joints healthy and pain free.
- “Gummy” or “Off Center” smiles are often due to the over-contracting of muscles around your lip which cause the upper lip to be pulled upward excessively (gummy smile) or the lip to be pulled towards one side more than the other (off center smiles.)
- Migraine headaches, can, in many cases be alleviated with the proper use of the Therapeutic Botox® along with other prescribed medicines.
If you are interested in learning more about the therapeutic uses of Botox®, call our office at 916-435-8000 for a complimentary consultation.
We are certified providers of Therapeutic Botox® and specialize in the treatment of TMJ as well as Orthodontics for children and adults.