Many of our patients here at Cater Galante Orthodontics dream of having straight teeth, but the reality of needing to wear braces to achieve this can be a bit off-putting. Once they learn about Invisalign, that dream becomes more attainable.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic method which straightens teeth without the use of braces. Instead, Invisalign works by using sets of aligners, made from clear medical-grade plastic, to move teeth into position. These aligners are custom-made to your teeth to achieve the best result for you.
At Cater Galante Orthodontics, we have been recognised for our expertise in using Invisalign and are proud to have Super Elite provider status. Dr Cater and Dr Galante are certified by Align Technology and are highly experienced in this treatment method.
How do Invisalign aligners work?
The Invisalign treatment process starts with your free initial consultation. If Invisalign is deemed suitable for you, then we'll take a 3D scan of your teeth and jaws. This scan is sent to Invisalign headquarters where your custom-made aligners are manufactured.
The Invisalign technology can predict how your teeth will move during treatment. Every two to three weeks you will need to change your set of aligners to accommodate the movement of your teeth. Multiple sets of aligners are made in advance so you can pick up several sets at a time when you come in for your orthodontic check-up 8-10-weeks after starting treatment.
To be most effective, Invisalign aligners must be worn for 22 hours a day and should only be removed for eating, brushing and flossing.
What are the benefits of aligners?
The greatest attraction of Invisalign for most patients is the fact that the aligners themselves are virtually invisible. People often find it difficult to tell you're having treatment - if they notice at all. But there are plenty of other benefits too, including:
- They are removable, which means you can take them out to eat and drink.
- They are easy to clean, and because you can take them out, it's easy to keep your teeth clean too!
- They are comfortable as they have no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
- They don't interfere in your lifestyle, because they can be removed for important occasions such as weddings, family photographs, important business meetings, and even first dates!
- They get results for the majority of orthodontic problems.
Types of Invisalign
There are four different types of Invisalign:
- Invisalign full: for major orthodontic treatment which takes between six and 15 months to complete.
- Invisalign Teen: a version designed specifically for our teenage patients.
- Invisalign Express: for minor orthodontic problems affecting the front six teeth, Invisalign Express can achieve results within six months
Book your free consultation with us today to find out how you could benefit from Invisalign.